Re: buzzing relay???

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 17:17:01 EDT

I've read somewhere that the Siemens relays in Mopars
have had trouble,and that they are a different brand
now,but they didn't elaborate.

Yes,I have heard relays buzz before. It is a very
common problem in residential air conditioners and
furnaces. I have actually connected speaker wires to
one and made it play music. They will operate like a
transducer (speaker,microphone) since they have a coil
and driven "element". They can buzz when they loosen
up a little. Not really a sign of imminent failure,but
it's an annoyance!

I'm sure the relay is your only bad part.

Steve P.

http://tv.yahoo.com/