Re: buzzing relay???

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 20:47:01 EDT

On Sunday 29 July 2007 03:39 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Has anyone ever heard of a relay buzzing?

Yes. If the plate that the electromagnet pulls in doesn't sit exactly flush
against the magnet core, then the relay can buzz. Sometimes a hard tap on the
relay will get the plate to move slightly to a place where it doesn't buzz
anymore.

> yesterday morning and there was a buzzing sound coming from under the
> hood of my Cherokee. The electric fan relay in the PDC was buzzing
> exactly like a piezo speaker!

I wouldn't think the fan relay would be engaged with the truck parked and cold
from sitting overnight, though.