RE: DML Digest V5 #3110

From: russell toalson (rtoalson@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2007 - 11:43:18 EDT

Here are my thoughts on styling. The Gen I and the Gen III are the best
styled by far. My 89 Shelby Dakota looked trim and very sporty with the
light bar and the most complicated decal set ever produced. Very straight
forward styling with no frills. The Gen II models busied up the grill and
added six bolt wheels for no apparent reason. Gen III like my R/T, looked
like the truck spent a lot of time in the gym adding muscle and bulk. The
Gen IV was just a hopeless set of angles and curves with no theme. Reminds
me of the Pontiac Aztek; maybe the ugliest car ever. I hope the new Dakota
is better looking.
Russ