Was: New Dak - Now: Shelby SMEC

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2007 - 23:03:51 EDT

Tom Byrne wrote:

> I replaced my 2004 V6 Quad Cab with a new 2007 4.7 H.O. Quad. It is flame
> red to match my Neon SCCA car. My Shelby is almost done, but we had to do
> much fabrication to make the Magnum headers work. Jon Steiger's TBI to 4bbl
> manifold adapter works perfectly.

YES it does! Too bad what I'm doin...... wait.... hmm - I wonder...

Are the shelby SMEC units anything special when it comes to programming?
    Or am I to assume its the same thing that was installed in the 89 Rams?

What were the Shelby tranny options?

I'm wondering if I tried a different SMEC unit, if that would make any
difference. I can't believe that what I'm trying to do with Christine
is so far out there that it can't be made to work.

I would have tried a 1991 Premag Dak 318 computer - but my reasarch
showed that the 1991 computer was not the same SMEC unit and it wouldn't
work with my wire harness.

"Are you employed Mr. Lebowski?"
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine