Re: RE: A/C problem (?) on '01 Dakota

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 00:24:18 EDT

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 08:50 pm, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Not normal at all. If you're in Panel mode, the defrost vents should not
> have any airflow.

Ok, thanks Bernd. I'll have to tear it apart and see what's wrong, then. There
should be no airflow at all on the defrost vent, then, unless defrost is
selected?

> Since the '01 is a transition year truck (electric or
> vacuum A/C actuators), check the small vacuum line to the firewall (if
> applicable).

When I move the selector knob, there's a faint sound of servo motors. It
sounds more electric than vacuum, at least to me. I haven't opened things up
yet looking for proof of this (it's dark out, and my garage is currently full
of furniture so it'll have to wait for daylight on the weekend before I can
do that).

> If you have electric actuators, disconnect the IOD fuse for
> about 10-15 seconds and then reinstall. Start the vehicle and let the
> actuators run through their quick calibration mode.

Which one is the IOD fuse? I removed fuse 25 from the fuseblock, and that
stopped the servo motor sounds when the knob is turned. Reinstalling it
(truck off) and starting the truck didn't do anything, though. If they were
supposed to run a calibrate on start up, they didn't.