Re: Ram still driving me insane...

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 01:15:05 EDT

I'm not Bernd but I do have some insight! :)

Had a similar problem with the 98, would stall out on me sometimes other
times it would want to. Checked out all the usual suspects, MAP, IAT,
TPS, Plugs, wires, cap & rotor, all checked out. BUT when I put a fuel
pressure guage on the rails, I got a varying number as it idled.

Bottom line, check your fuel pump. While mine didn't technically go
out, the varying fuel pressure and 211,000 miles made me want to....
quick. That solved the problem right there.

Also was a good excuse for me to upgrade to the 22 gal tank :)

Also had the same problem with a shitbox 95 Buick that was given to me
by a friend who just gave up on it... same culprit, fuel pump.

Just some insight from someone who'll be bald pretty soon from an
obsessive compulsive desire to have his vehicles run good! :)

Gary Hedlin