Re: Exhaust Manifold Flange Bolts

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 07:32:17 EDT

Hey, DBDoMPfIWUMOT...

<> See? I'm replying to your post :-P<>

Thanx! Better late than never,huh?

<> Nope<>

Wow! The depth of your knowledge amazes me! 8-)>

<> No Ladders = Good Thing (TM)<>

Too late! Susan has dibs on THAT one! LOL

<> I also advise against ammature attempts at being a submarine captain...<>

Amateur? You're the DML Pro!

<> Never seen a bolt just drop out of the flange before... but I guess its
 possible obviously.<>

If it can happen to anyone...It''ll happen to me first!

<> First of all let me congradulate you on your wonderful selection of
 words such as "MAHTZOED" - I really laughed when I read that LOL<>

Hey, Isn't laughter the BEST medicine?

<> For things such as exhaust flange bolts - there is no need to get the
vasoline out in preperation for a trip to a Stealership..<>

I prefer KY myself, but I can get them for dealer cost...

<> I was not aware the GenIII's used exhaust flange donut gaskets. My Gen
I and II's were all of "flared" style seal. The Y pipe sealed up
 agaisnt the exhaust manifold.<>

You could be right, It drew up tightly & sealed, so I assumed there was a
donut...didn't look at the FSM...

<> Don't you have a 3.9 V6, Bob? Unless things really changed that I don't
 know about... um - the oil filter should be on the passenger side??<>

I do...My bad...in the wood stove trade we identify sides from standing in
front & looking at the unit

<> As has already been said, regular ole grade 8 hardware will work just
 fine. Thats what I used to join up the Y-pipe and manifolds on
 Christine. Bolts, washers, lock washers and nuts - all in grade 8
 strength.<>

K, DBDoMPfIWUMOT, THX!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM