RE: RE: Connecting rods

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 15:38:39 EDT

OK...I know replying to my own thread is a little cheesy, but here are
some really nice and simple articles on the hows and whys of the
powdered metal process. From what I've read, you're exactly right. Good
stuff. Gotta love slow days in IT.

http://www.pickpm.com/designcenter/Conrod.pdf

More toward the end here:
http://www.automotiverebuilder.com/ar/eb050552.htm

Geeky academic article from a researcher at U of Toledo.
http://www-mime.eng.utoledo.edu/people/faculty/afatemi/papers/2005SAEShe
noyFatemi2005-01-0987.pdf

Pretty geeky stuff from Elsevier:
http://www.metal-powder.net/business/archive/business_jun05.html

Bottom line, rods made this way are much tougher than drop-forged
pieces.