Re: Problems With F&B Flometrics TB.....

From: Kyle Kozubal (solocamxt@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 21:00:16 EDT

I contacted Bruce and his response was typical:

"Kyle, It sounds like the idle stop screw has been mis
adjusted... They are set and fixed with red loctite
here at F&B, but with a little force (or heat)
they can be broken loose and re-adjusted. If the
plates are just kissing the TB bore now, the screw
should be turned in about 3/4-1 turn more. that
should keep the idle from jumping and keep the blade
from sticking. Use some loctite on the screw to make
sure it doesnt move. It takes a while for
the 4.7 PCM to get things under control, but the stop
screw adjustment is critical!"

I informed Bruce that thuis suggestion was performed
and stil nothing............He then replied:

"Kyle, The truck will take a while to get used to the
new setting... At least a few drive cycles! If it
still idles a bit too high, turn the screw down a
 1/4 turn and see if it goes away (bring blades closer
to bore)!"

I then again informed Bruce that if I adjust the ilde
and bring the blade closer to the bore, then the blade
binds on the bore and makes throttle operation almost
impossible, because there is binding and I have to
mash down on the gas pedal to 'un stick' the blade.

I dealt with F&B TBs with my old 93 Dakota and was
turned-off by their customer service. I took a gamble
and bought a billet TB for my 4.7L V8.....
Kyle