Re: More scan tool data from the Ram

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 07:44:36 EDT

DodgeDe@cs.com wrote:

> What does anyone think of this one?
>
> http://www.myscantool.com/details.html

Personally, I'd be pretty tempted to try it first with the free software
(http://tinyurl.com/yo3g84), but I'm pretty cheap. I've had my eye on
one of those ElmScans for a while, but haven't needed it badly enough yet.

The serial ElmScan hardware on its own is $116, where the kit with the
ProScan software is $150. The free software saves $34. I guess it's a
bit of a risk if you try that and hate it, then the ProScan software on
its own is another $60. There are several other software options, I
haven't priced all of them.

If you need the USB version, it's probably better to get the ProScan kit
for $160. The hardware on its own is $150 (IMHO that hardware kit is
overpriced, you can get a USB adapter for a lot less than the $34
difference between the two models).