Re: RE: FSM and water pump removal

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 14:39:58 EDT

A friend from work is letting me borrow a strap wrench. it seems like it should work.

its the kind that has a black heavy-duty rubber strap that is supposed to loop around the
pulley and you use its handle to tighten up on it and hold the pulley in place.

guess it would work only on smooth pulley like water pumps. probably would not be good
on the 7-groove or "V" groove pullies ;-)

I'll let you guys knwo if it work or not. My fall-back plan is to locate some bolts
that fit the water pump pulley holes and pop a few into those holes and use a long
screwdriver between the bolts to hold pulley in place
-dan

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222