Re: RE: FSM and water pump removal

From: hskr@san.rr.com
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 16:23:33 EDT

The strap wrench would work on the grooved pulleys as well for like if
you were trying to remove the alternator pulley. Only problem you
might have with that it being able to hold on to the strp wrench behind
the fan blades as you try to turn the nut loose with another wrench.
What Bernd was talking about with using vice grips or something to put
more tension on the drive belt is more or less the same concept as
using a strap wrench.