Re: FSM and water pump removal

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 16:19:20 EDT

Dan Kramarsky <dkramarsky68@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A friend from work is letting me borrow a strap wrench. it seems like it should work.

  Maybe... I haven't had very good luck with those, but it might be
that my version isn't heavy duty enough. Too much slip, not enough
grip. :-) I don't remember if we tried that or not on Chris' truck
during the last BBQ (or was it Daktoberfest?). I ended up welding
together a tool out of some scrap metal that basically did the job.
If you've got an Autozone near you, it might be worthwhile to see if
they've got that special tool in their loan-a-tool program. You just
leave them a deposit, but you get it back when you return the tool so
it doesn't cost anything.

--
                                          -Jon-