Re: Re: Daktoberfest 2007 Date has been set

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2007 - 09:19:17 EDT

On Sep 6, 2007, at 11:17 PM, "Chris Reck" <chris92@insightbb.com> wrote:

> I should be able to make it.

Horay!

> Has anyone ever replaced their power steering? I've got leaks.

Too many times to count. What would you like to know?

The lines are on top, the resvoir will empty with them disconnected.
Three bolts to the frame. Use a 2 jaw pulled on the pitman arm, it'll
be very stubborn and pitman arm pullers that you'll get from parts
stores are NOT up to the task.

I dont remember how much space you have to work in with the stock
crossmember there but its an easy job for me with that gone...

A rebuild kit to replace all the seals inside is like $30, or you can
just replace the output (sector) shaft seals and bearing if that's
where it's leaking from. That's not a big job at all. The full
rebuild is a hair daunting the first time.

--
Mike