OT: Network / Server

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 20:37:21 EDT

I realize there's a bunch of computer nuts here so this is where I'm
starting my research.

Right now we have 4 computers wirelessly networked, 2 for my wife business,
my laptop and the kids computer.

I would like get another one (or 2 depending how we go about this) and use
one with Media Center in our living room on our HDTV. I'd also want a better
backup solution, perhaps a raid setup. What's a good setup for our use?

Have one server with raid with all our files on it (personal and business)
networked with the Media Center computer, our office computers, and personal
computers?

Or can one of these computers be also used as the server (Media Center
computer with raid as the server)

What is Windows Home Server? Is this a server that needs an operating
system installed on it, an operating system in itself or just a computer
that holds files (no OS)?

Thanks for any advise!

James