Re: RE: P0433 Heated Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 21:17:08 EDT

I'm thinking the first thing to try would be to fix the stud. It's the
upper rear exhaust manifold stud on the passenger side.

Looks like I could pull the front wheel, remove the heat shield and
should have a pretty straight shot at the broken stud.

Now any tips on getting it out? Figure if the block is hot and I could
hit the stud with some freezing spray (sure I've seen some from
electronics), it might break free. Then an easy out ( a misnomer if ever
I saw one) should do the trick. But it all sounds so easy from the
keyboard, and it's never that good when you're under the truck.

If it's not the stud, is there any way to test the cat? Or do I just
drop the truck off at the local exhaust shop and tell them to do a full
dual exhaust job including headers :-) Let someone else deal with the
stud :-)

The O2 sensors are original and its' probably time to change them, but I
don't think that related to this code.

Rob S.