Got the March pullies installed. ( was: FSM and water pump.... )

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 23:04:24 EDT

I got the entire March pulley set #10515 installed on my 1992 Dak V8. Yippie.

I also replaced the water pump because it had gone bad and the tensioner cause it was
going bad and the idler pulley for the hell of it. To work with the pulley set, the
belt had to be replaced with a 6-rib belt that was 1" shorter in length. No sweat
there. I got the belt from rockauto.com. Belt p/n: Gates #K060962

NOTE: If you do this mod, you must get a water pump that has doesn't have a pressed-fit
pulley. Its hard to find this water pump sometimes. The local stealership will tell you
that the older style is not around anymore. Ask your local parts store for the older
style water pumps for 1992 to 1996 Dodge Dakotas. The pump I found was A-1/Cardone
#58-447. Worked fine. Only minor detail is the March water pump pulley leaves only
0.100" clearance with the water pump body. I figured I could live with that. ;-)

Ok, back now to the fun stuff. SO... basically everything seems to working well. ;-)
Thanks to Ray Block for steering me to this pulley set. I am pretty happy with it.

I ran the truck last night when it was nice and cool ( 64 deg ) Without the fan!
After feeling how much the truck pulls in 1st and 2nd, I don't want to put that stupid
mechanical fan back on. ( insert evil laugh here )

So what are my options?

a. Viper Fan mod?
b. no fan? ( not bloody likely huh? )
c. Dual fan? like a SPAL dual 14" fan setup?
d. other?

-dan

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?