Strange? GenII on eBay

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 10:40:09 EDT

  I stumbled across this listing today for a customized '95 Dak:

http://tinyurl.com/2pupuh

   I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but I thought its kind've a
weird truck... Supposedly $50,000 invested; there might be, but it
doesn't really show, IMHO. Other strange stuff is the unusable bed,
are there radio controls where the rear view mirror used to be, and
what happened to the HVAC controls? Looks like they got rid of the
dash vents too. I didn't really care for the entire interior myself
(IMHO, the stock dash looks better than that plate), although the
engine and undercarriage certainly look nice. Then there's the
speedometer picture; odometer fraud, anybody? :-) Oh, and one other
thing that I noticed; all that work and no roll pan? Anyhoo; just
stumbled across that and thought I'd share. :-) I don't think the
owner will be getting anywhere near their investment out of this one
anytime soon! Seems like if you were going to put all that money into
a vehicle, you should have a purpose. This one seems to have none,
and a completely impractical vehicle is the result. Sure, you could
take it to a show I guess and perhaps display some pride in your
craftmanship, but what about the new owner?

   Anyhoo, I don't mean to urinate in anyone's oat based breakfast
cereal if this kind of truck is your thing, I just stumbled across it
and became confused and then sad, because it seems like such a
waste...

--
                                          -Jon-