Re: Strange? GenII on eBay

From: andy levy (andy-dak@levyclan.us)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2007 - 10:55:33 EDT

On 09/29/2007 10:44, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> I stumbled across this listing today for a customized '95 Dak:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2pupuh
>
> I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but I thought its kind've a
> weird truck... Supposedly $50,000 invested; there might be, but it
> doesn't really show, IMHO. Other strange stuff is the unusable bed,
> are there radio controls where the rear view mirror used to be, and
> what happened to the HVAC controls? Looks like they got rid of the
> dash vents too. I didn't really care for the entire interior myself
> (IMHO, the stock dash looks better than that plate), although the
> engine and undercarriage certainly look nice. Then there's the
> speedometer picture; odometer fraud, anybody? :-) Oh, and one other
> thing that I noticed; all that work and no roll pan? Anyhoo; just
> stumbled across that and thought I'd share. :-) I don't think the
> owner will be getting anywhere near their investment out of this one
> anytime soon! Seems like if you were going to put all that money into
> a vehicle, you should have a purpose. This one seems to have none,
> and a completely impractical vehicle is the result. Sure, you could
> take it to a show I guess and perhaps display some pride in your
> craftmanship, but what about the new owner?

I saw the seller's name and thought "gee, corvettesbyturner sounds
familiar." Then I looked at the main picture and thought "gee, that
building/sign looks familiar." Then I looked at the location and thought
"gee, I was going to be going by there anyway today, maybe I should stop
to laugh...or maybe cry."

That place is only about 20 minutes from here and Marci drives by it a
few times a day.

--
-andy

http://home.rochester.rr.com/alevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------