Re: Go on Daktoberrfest!

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 01:05:44 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I think I have some yellow and some orange, and my Dad has the
> red/pink Scorch from wal-mart. Even beyond the fill, the paintballs
> can make a big difference. Ed and I were playing around with them a
> while back, even the most expensive ones at wal-mart weren't very
> good, but we mail ordered some which flew very well. (The cheap ones
> would just veer off in random directions whereas the good ones flew
> straight, 90 percent of the time anyway.) :-) I don't remember the
> brand, I want to say Draxus (sp?) but I'm not even sure if that's a
> brand or a model. (And obviously I'm too lazy to Google it at the
> moment.) ;-) Last time out, I just played with the cheap ones from
> wal-mart and hoped for some luck. :-) Probably too late to do
> anything mail order for Daktoberfest though, unless you had it shipped
> here.

Yeah - I've read that the quality and brand of paint has a lot to do
with accuracy. Cheaper paint (materials used and equipment - if you was
the youtube vid I posted) seems to have worse aerodynamics whine in the
air and less stabilty out the barrel.

I've read that some players prefer to "match the paint to the marker".
It seems that certain paint works better in certain set ups.

> I was hoping you were going to stick around on Sunday after the
> July BBQ, that afternoon, Ed, Nate, Dad and myself went back in the
> woods and played several games, it was a whole lot of fun. :-)

Doh! Yeah I really wish I could have stayed around that day. In fact
had I decided not to leave sunday AM I prolly would not have run over
the stand pipe. Well perhaps not as soon anyway. (insert scene from
matrix where Neo breaks the vase)

As it turned out it was a good thing I didn't try to call in for another
day off of work. My boss is very flexable when it comes to trying to
work the schedules around the emplyees - but lets say things would have
been Much Not Very Good'er(TM) [eat that sentance Maskalans!] had I
tried to extend my vacation a day. I was needed at work and it would
have been bad if I wasn't there.

> There
> were large dirt piles, ditches and berms all over the place from the
> bulldozers who were working on the gas well road. I'm not sure if
> those are still there or not, I haven't been back there lately, but I
> think they cleaned 'em all up. :-(

aww well that sucks - those were nice natural bunkers... hahaha "I saw
his gun perched up top there so I came around the other side!" - Nate

*Milt lights up Nate from the vines*

hahahahahaha!

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine