Re: Go on Daktoberrfest!

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 02:39:20 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I think I have some yellow and some orange, and my Dad has the
> red/pink Scorch from wal-mart. Even beyond the fill, the paintballs
> can make a big difference. Ed and I were playing around with them a
> while back, even the most expensive ones at wal-mart weren't very
> good, but we mail ordered some which flew very well. (The cheap ones
> would just veer off in random directions whereas the good ones flew
> straight, 90 percent of the time anyway.) :-) I don't remember the
> brand, I want to say Draxus (sp?) but I'm not even sure if that's a
> brand or a model. (And obviously I'm too lazy to Google it at the
> moment.) ;-) Last time out, I just played with the cheap ones from
> wal-mart and hoped for some luck. :-) Probably too late to do
> anything mail order for Daktoberfest though, unless you had it shipped
> here.

Well I just spent the last hour and a half reading dozens of reviews of
paintballs on www.pbreview.com

And I concluded that I can't afford the best paint that seems to be out
there. Consistantly I read reviews that seemed to indicate certain
brands (at certain higher prices) perform better than el-cheapo paint.
After reading and reading - I settled on the conclusion that the best
paint for the least amount of money is the Super Swirl (I think thats
the stuff you have)

There is a brand of camo shell paintballs that have a bright fill and
are supposed to be VERY accurate but difficult to trace as they are
fired because they blend in so well. Ironically the same people who said
they were accurate and loved them complained about the lack of a visible
tracer LOL.

I'll stick with walmart paint - I've invested enough in the marker - I
can't afford expensive paint!

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine