RE: RE: Factory Engine, Run - In Procedure, Gasoline & Diesel

From: knox.james@sympatico.ca
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 22:54:43 EDT

>From: "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: RE: Factory Engine, Run - In Procedure, Gasoline & Diesel
>Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:37:43 -0500
>

>The engines are bench tested (oil pressure and flow) and then installed
>into
>the vehicle. After installation and vehicle build, they are run at the
>factory for about 1 mile. Then, they arrive at teh dealership where we
>check them over and drive them for another 5-10 miles.
>
>- Bernd

Thanks for the factory info Bernd.
Next question, Rite off the lot should the engine be run in gradually as in
speed, rpm and load.
Some people drive 80-90 mph rite from the start.
I'm old school in thinking of rings, bearings, ect wearing in,initially at
speed limits and 2000 area rpms

This is in regard to moving new vehicles ( dealer trades )

Jim Knox
91 Dak