Re: RE: DML Digest V5 #3192

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 01:24:28 EDT

From: "Ned Buckmaster" <Ned@Buckmaster.com>
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Date: 08/14/07 08:32 pm

For those with the delivered premium sound system (with the Infinity amp in
the passenger kickwell), I wanted to share some information you may be
interested in. I had already replaced the stock speakers with Infinity
6010cs Component Speakers in the front and Kicker 04SSMB6 6-1/2" Midbass
Speakers in the back. These helped the sound, mainly because the old ones
were toast.

I just finished replacing the Infinity amp (15-20 watts?) with a Sony XM-4S
Slim Series amp (50w RMS per channel). These were designed to fit under
seats and in tight spaces, and it did. I squeezed into the same location the
stock amp was - it was tight, but fit. The wires were one-for-one between
the old and new amp, after cutting off the connectors.

I turned the hi-pass and low pass filters on, which sent below 80hz to the
rear speakers and above 80hz to the front speakers. Sound is much crisper,
and it can be turned up much louder without distortion. The fader now
adjusts the amount of bass.

Now the system looks stock, but sounds much better. I'm happy....

Ned Buckmaster