Re: 2001 4WD - Ok to remove the front driveshaft?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2007 - 00:20:40 EDT

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 10:45 pm, Michael Maskalans wrote:
> > http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/temp/im005197.jpg
>
> So do you get any sort of vibes out of that?

I finally got it bolted in place Monday and took it out for a short (road
only) spin Monday night. No vibrations, noises, or other complaints at all. I
ran it up to about 55-60 MPH in 4WD and couldn't hear or feel any difference
between 4WD and 2WD. Compared to the old one that sounded like a paper
shredder, this is a big improvement.

In other fun on Monday, I replaced the brakes. The stock ones felt mushy and
weak, like there just wasn't any grip. Even with the bed empty, and just me
in it, "anti-lock brakes" seemed to mean "good luck getting these to lock
up". Plus there was an annoying shimmy when braking. After installing new
rotors (Brembo Sport Slotted) and pads (Hawk) up front, and new drums (Mopar)
and shoes (NAPA Premium) out back, the improvement in braking performance is
nothing short of amazing. Normal stopping now takes much less pressure on the
pedal and feels much firmer. Where standing on the pedal with the old stuff
might have finally managed to lock the wheels, now it's more like if there
was only enough traction, I'd find myself sitting on the hood if I stomped on
the pedal.