RE: RE: Flex plate interchangeability??

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 16:57:53 EDT

To be more specific, early converters (like from the sixties up through the
mid-nineties) had a non-symmetrical bolt pattern....i.e. one hole is offset.
I forget which year, but sometime in the mid-nineties they went to a
symmetrical pattern (i.e. the four converter mounting holes are evenly
spaced). That would be the first thing to check on your converter. Just
measure from hole to hole and you'll know which type it is. I presume you
will then just need a flex plate for a 5.9 that also has your converter
pattern.

Ray