Ripped CV boot

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 17:27:05 EDT

Last oil change, the guy at the shop told me I had a ripped CV boot on the
front axle of my '95, specifically on the right side. I had noticed quite a
bit of grease, but thought it was just overflow from one of the zerks or
something.

He started telling me that they had to replace a whole bunch of stuff, because
it had probably been contaminated by dirt, and started looking in his parts
list. I told him I couldn't really afford it right now (which is true) and
that I'd be back in a few weeks (which isn't true, but it ended the
discussion).

Assuming they're right about the boot, what all should I be replacing or
checking?

Thanks.