Re: Ripped CV boot

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2007 - 01:28:49 EDT

Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Terrible Tom wrote:
>
>>I'm curious? what did this jack-o say needed to be fixed?
>

> I think he was saying basically the same thing that you did: change the
> whole CV axle, don't just put a new boot on. I wasn't really listening,
> because I knew that this list knows a lot more than the cashier guy at
> Canadian Tire.
>
> Would there be any reason to replace both sides at the same time to keep
> them the same age? I have a feeling the left side might be bad anyway,
> there was a similar amount of grease on that side a while back. But I
> haven't gotten around to really inspecting either side.
>
> Thanks.

Not unless you know there is a problem with the axle - however there is
always the preventative maintainance thing.

Your first post made it sound as if they wanted to replace your torsion
bars and your rear pinion seal because the CV axle boot ripped LOL

TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
   http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
     http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine