Re: Ripped CV boot

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 21:08:37 EDT

Terrible Tom wrote:

> I'm curious? what did this jack-o say needed to be fixed?

I think he was saying basically the same thing that you did: change the
whole CV axle, don't just put a new boot on. I wasn't really listening,
because I knew that this list knows a lot more than the cashier guy at
Canadian Tire.

Would there be any reason to replace both sides at the same time to keep
them the same age? I have a feeling the left side might be bad anyway,
there was a similar amount of grease on that side a while back. But I
haven't gotten around to really inspecting either side.

Thanks.