Tensioner and idler bearings

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2007 - 17:43:06 EDT

Hello list

Last spring we discovered cracked heads on our 92 5.2 2WD Dak

We are finally getting it back together with Hughes heads.

After bolting up the accessories i noticed both the tensioner pulley
and the idler pulley were pretty swishy sounding and the idler felt
grainy when you rocked it.

A quick call to the dealer found the idler was about $40 and the
tensioner over $100 as the pulley is not sold separately and is
is only sold as a complete assembly....

what the heck....

30 seconds later i have the tensioner pulley off and in my hand.

A quick Google trip finds a tensioner pulley with bearing for $30.

Now to the idler pulley...

Bearing number is 6203...Google hits vxb.com bearings...$9.50 shipped.

The tensioner bearing could probably be measured and replaced the same
way...but i was happy to be able to get the pulley by itself.

Net result is $40 spend instead of $140...

I really try to buy my parts from the dealer but sometime their bullets
are too
big to bite.

rob/ferts/phx