RE: Tensioner and idler bearings

From: rll (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 02:28:47 EST

> > Dealership tensioner is also right at $80 - where
> > are you shopping at?!?> ;)

RE: DML: Tensioner and idler bearings

I really hate to do a reply post especially when Bernd is involved as we
are not
worthy...but the ferrets have urged me on....so here it is.....

> Dealership tensioner is also right at $80 - where
> are you shopping at?!?> ;)

That must be jobber price....

If the spring is broken, and the bracket bent not a bad deal...

Or if the assembly was missing i guess the price wouldn't bother me

Almost acceptable if they send over a hooter's type girl to install
it....and let you watch...otherwise it is still high-way robbery.

The tensioner retainer is a 14mm bolt takes 15 seconds to unbolt....if just
the pulley is replaced...to replace the whole assembly it is three bolts
and the coil to deal with...

So charge me $40 for the tensioner pulley with the bearing...

Don't tell me i need to buy a whole assembly when i just need the pulley...

that pulley that is held on with that 14 mm bolt....the pulley should
still be the serviceable piece.

And actually the bearing itself should be the replaceable piece...

I realize the dealer has to make money and not everybody are rocket
mechanics like
we of the DML.

It would be nice if the parts pricing was kept at a simple mugging and
not first degree murder.

$80.00 compared to an $8.00 bearing, delivered, is still some math my
ferrets and i can figure out...

To require the entire assembly to be replaced, it is the implication of
stupidity that gets us jumping up and down.

apologies to the list and Bernd

rob/ferts/phx