Re: Need help with old 1989 DAK

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2007 - 12:05:03 EST

Old!? She's 18 years young! Just maturing and In her prime!

I'm not sure exactly what part he's talking about (I'll take a look at
my truck later) but can it be fabricated? Do you have (or can you get)
a picture of the part? How sure is your mechanic that Dodge doesn't
have them anymore? I have the parts catalog for the 89... if you can
get a picture or describe it better, I can see what the catalog has
for it (maybe a part number if it's not buried in an assembly). With a
part number or two you could check with some dealers yourself.

Another option is to grab the part or even the whole wiper assembly
from a junkyard. I'd think you could get the assembly for less than
$50.

Don't dump the truck for a measely wiper problem (my opinion).

Don in CT
89 DakVert 318 NV3500
74 Dart Sport 340
pbase.com/radon220/mopars