10W30 in the Neon?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2007 - 16:34:49 EST

I've always been running 5w30 in the neon - but I have a LOT of 10w30
conventional engine oil I've picked up on discounts over the years and I
was wondering if it would be alright to use it. I use synthetic in the
Ram and I don't plan on going back to conventional. I don't think it
will do any harm myself, honestly. The engine is a little noisey with
higher miles (around 100K) I usually use lucas anyway which tends to
thicken up the oil.

Barry, I know you use a higher weight 5w40 in your Dak - and you never
seem to have had any engine problems.

Opinions?

TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
   http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
     http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine