Re: Ball Joints

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2007 - 02:43:03 EST

DAKSY wrote:

> Hey, DML!
> It's time, gotta change out the lowers on the DAKSY...
> Been almost 40 years (*sheesh8 - did I SAY that?) since I changed ball
> joints...

wow!

> Last time was on my 68 Cuda (wish I still had THAT one!)
> Anyhoo, any of you Gen III 4X4 guys got any pointers?
> Should I stick with the pickle fork or go for the ball joint press? Or both?
> I picked up a set of MOOG lowers for about $40 each (great to have
> connections)...
> & I wanna get em in before the "Hawk" hits...
> Any pointers or pitfalls to avoid will be greatly appreeshee8ted!

Yeah - don't get anything so MAHTZOED, that ya can't fix it!
hehe

You have no idea how long I spent digging through the DML Archives
trying to find a post that you used that word in - so I could get teh
spelling right!! Far more time than any sane person would spend.

Lowers should still be a good ole press out/in style ball joint on the
Gen III's. Pickle Fork to pop the stud loose - ball joint press (can be
rented at any autozone) to push em in and out.

Pretty straight forward Bob!

TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
   http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
     http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine