Re: Recall Notice

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 11:22:17 EST

Pindell, Tim P wrote:

> I'm somewhat obsessive-paranoid about it. I always let the vehicle come
> to rest on the parking brake before shifting to "park" or putting the
> trans in 1st or reverse. My mother-in-law has a steep driveway. She
> parks her Buick and just lets it bounce on the parking pawl. >cringe<

Hey Tim! I agree and admit I am the same way. I always set the parking
brakes. I do the same thing - stop with the service brakes - and then
set the parking brake before I let off the service brakes - then I put
it in park.

My mother never sets the parking brake on her Explorer. Its a 2002, and
after 5 years of it - the shift lever is messed up - prolly a bent pawl.
  When you go to put it in park after driving, it wont go all the way
into park. You have to back it off a little and *then* put it in park
(column shifter)

One time I set the parking brake in that truck when I drove it - the
next time, she drove off with the brake ON - the drag on the driveline
and the flashing red light on the dash was not obvious enough for her I
guess heh. That fryed the parking brakes (drum inside rotor) -
overheated the rear service brakes, froze the calipers, ruined the
rotors, and eventually lead to the front rotors warping because the
front was doing all the braking.

I got yelled at for setting the parking brake LOL, and then had to do
the brake job later in the year.

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine