Questions on '99 to '01 Durangos ( looking to buy )

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2007 - 12:18:42 EST

Hey DMLers:

Our family wants to buy a '99 thru '01 Durango. It would be for urban/suburban driving
only. The vehicle would be used to haul the kids to schools and shopping around town.

1. What repairs/recalls should I make sure the vehicle has gotten?
Example: ball joints.

2. What factory options make the vehicle more valuable?

3. Isn't the 4x2 less likely to have problems then the 4x4? I mean we really dont need
the 4x4 right? We dont go off-roading and we dont get snow here. Ever! :(

4. Which engine gave the best MPG? The 4.7, 5.2 or 5.9L ?

Can someone steer me in the right direction and answer some of these questions so we can
find the best used Durango that wont give us too much trouble?

thanks!

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, March Performance pulley set, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite plugs & wires, Gates hoses & belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs