Re: RE: R/T Tires

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 19:13:00 EST

"John Burgan" <jburgan3@comcast.net> wrote:

> I guess competitive pricing must depend on the type of tire and size. I just
> recently spent about 2 weeks shopping winter tires and wheels for my Subaru
> STi and no one even came close to Tirerack's pricing. Tirerack was about
> $150-200 cheaper for the whole package mounted, balanced, and delivered than
> anyone else.

   Yep, I'm sure the type of tire can affect the pricing. Also, I
only priced the tire itself, not rims or any mounting and balancing,
which I'm sure will throw a bunch more variables into the mix. I did
notice that one of the places I was comparing to Tire Rack was
slightly more expensive when comparing the same tires, but did have
several tires (that Tire Rack didn't have) which were much cheaper
than Tire Rack's cheapest tires in that particular size. This doesn't
really help if you are trying to compare apples to apples, but if
you're just looking to get a cheap tire that will get the job done,
that might be a bonus for the other guys. I've ordered tires online a
few times now, and so far Tire Rack has come out on top every time,
but I will definitely keep checking at all of the competitors that I
know of as well. :-)

   BTW, what do you do to get the Subaru to hook up in the snow, pull
a couple of plug wires? :-)

--
                                          -Jon-