Heat in '97 cold

From: ttroidl@bluefrog.com
Date: Thu Dec 27 2007 - 01:04:12 EST

 My 97 sport (no air) seems to be leaking cold air into the heater system, if I turn OFF the heat control and fan, I still get cold air blowing out when I drive.

My heat sux big time even when the engine is up to temp. 195 therm. If it's cold it takes forever to even clear my windows!

I'm thinking the vent air is sticking open, though opening & closing the heat from hot to cold alot hasn't helped so far.

Any pointers?

Thanks and hope everyone had a great christmas & a fantastic new years!

Tony.