Brake line failure rant

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2007 - 17:08:19 EST

Driving to the dump today with a bed full of cast iron drain pipes, my
brakes dropped to about 10% effectiveness over a 3 minute period
(never had brakes go that bad that quickly). BTW I don't have a
working e-brake either. Thank God for stickshift.

So why'd they leak so fast? Not one but BOTH lines into the
proportioning valve failed. At the same time. What are the odds? For
18 years they've worked just fine... why would both fail at the same
time? And did you know they're not standard tube nuts into the
proportioning valve (or the ma/cyl for that matter)? Who thinks up
this crap!? So TWO separate trips to autozone (p.s. they don't carry
non-standard tube nuts) AND napa, and I think I finally have the right
ones. I gave up when I replaced the first line and found out about the
second break because I got frustrated. The second old tube nut won't
unthread.

Pissed off in CT
89 Dak Vert toboggan
74 Dart Sport 340