Re: 2009 Ram

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 15:23:34 EST

On Jan 16, 2008 3:03 PM, Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> On Wed, January 16, 2008 2:47 pm, jon@dakota-truck.net said:
> >
> > Did Dodge rename the quad cab to a crew cab at
> > some point?
>
> From the press release:
>
> "The all-new 2009 Dodge Ram is offered in regular cab, Quad Cab(R) and crew
> cab, with three box lengths: 8-foot (regular cab), 6-foot-4-inches (regular
> cab and Quad Cab), and a new-for-2009 box length of 5-foot-7-inches (crew
> cab)."
>
> I'm pretty sure the pictures they released are the crew cab, so I'm not sure
> what the Quad looks like. Sounds like the Quad is smaller than the crew cab.

Apparently the marketing department missed the memo that if you keep
changing the meaning of various terms, it makes it impossible for your
customers to figure out what you're selling.

Especially back in '00-'02 - Ram QC = suicide half doors, Dak QC = 4 real doors

Sounds like the new Crew Cab is close to the Mega Cab, and the QC is a
little smaller in the back than the current QC.