Re: Deer hit!

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 22:34:32 EST

A college buddy of mine hit a deer on a Yamaha R6 in either Northern
Idaho or Eastern Washington, the deer in that part of the country are
a tad bigger than what you might find on the coasts. He was doing
about 150 (or so he says) when he saw it, he let off the gas but
otherwise held his course not wanting to lay down the bike and not
being able to judge what the deer was going to do, he hit it right in
the middle of the belly and cut it clean in two, never laid down the
bike, and had no injuries. He also couldn't ride the bike until he
walked to a near by farm and cut some of the plastic off the front
fender.

His insurance company totaled the bike so the following spring he
bought a R1, after a few months of fun he passed a game warden doing
about 140 or so, got pulled over and got a misdemeanor for reckless
driving and lost his license for a few months.