Re: Deer hit!

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 00:14:42 EST

Don Rey wrote:

> My truck was victimized by a 110lb buck last night. In all
> seriousness, he ran into me.

Damn dude - ya know thats my biggest fear. I'll get Christine all done
up just right and whack - I'll get into a wreck or something.

First thing I thought of when I saw your post was oh NOOOO not the Gen I!!

> I got out of the truck, looked at the front end and found *very*
> little damage for such a hard hit. My brush guard was slightly bent
> but there was zero fender damage and just a hole cracked in the turn
> signal assembly. Cool! Easily replaceable! But wait... there's more. I
> close my door and look down the rest of the body. The rear quarter was
> cruched!

All in all it could have been much worse. I've seen many a truck that
had the entire front end taken out, grill, headlights, food, bumper,
radiator etc... or worse - anyone remember the pics of the Red Durango
with a deer right through the windsheild? Flew off a bridge and landed
on the roof of the Dodge on the highway below heh.

Once again I find myself tellin ya I'm glad nothing serious happened to
ya Don!

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations!
Repo man spends his life gettin' IN tense situations!!!
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine