Re: Deer hit!

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 21:05:16 EST

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 23:33:37 -0500, Barry Oliver
<barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com> wrote:

> Where in all of my ramblings did I try to excuse anything? I even
> admitted I broke the law, got caught, and paid. Are you telling me
> that, for example, a laws against speeding or spitting on the sidewalk
> should be enforced just as vigorously as, say kidnapping or rape?
>
> Damn, with Rascal hammering me on hardleys and the multi-pronged assault
> on speeders, teh DML sure has become a judgemental group....

I hear it all the time. Whenever someone gets caught speeding, they say
the cops should be out arresting murders etc etc. It's a lame excuse. I
speed and when I get caught, there is no one else to blame but myself.
The cops shouldn't be doing something more meaningful cuz that's what they
do. Traffic enforcement. And laws against speeding are not enforced as
vigorously as murder and rape. How many highways have you gone on that
everyone drives the limit on? When's the last time a cop cut someone a
break for murdering? Everyone knows there is a posted limit and an
allowed limit.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure