Re: yearly winter blahs

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 05:49:04 EST

On Feb 1, 2008, at 13:19, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> "Josh Battles" <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> wrote:
>
>> The snow is so tall that it's higher than my ground clearance.
>

> Which actually doesn't take a whole lot of snow, all things
> considered. :-) Now, if the snow gets up to *Mike's* rocker panels,
> I'll start to worry. :-)

Were you in the lake effect band that stuck around all day on, what
was it, wednesday? I think the snow there may have been up to that
25" frame-deep level.... Radar looked like it was tracking north of
you. There's been nothing significant here south of Rochester yet
this year. Had a bit of trouble getting my car out this morning,
since I backed *just* too far down my driveway last night in the
still wet slush, and was on a bit of an uphill in my own frozen
divits this morning. Glad I installed traction control in the car
since I can't drive the truck past the car without very careful
parking and hill climbing all the way at the bottom of my driveway.

Barry - nice vanity plate on the Merc!

Now bring some of that real snow this way. I want to see how the
Jetta does in 10-12"..... I think more than that and it'll be
lifting the front tires off the ground too much unless it's real
light and fluffy. I have oversize tires on it but it's still only
got about 5.5"-6" of ground clearance.

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |