Re: Made in China

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 20:27:41 EST

Steve Preston <steveophonic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't understand this line of reasoning. We are in a
> dollar freefall,we don't have a gold standard,and we
> make nothing anymore. I'm just going to have to rely
> on my own intuition and believe that this is very
> bad,and we'll see what happens.

   'Tis your prerogative. :-) Myself, I refuse to participate in the
doom and gloom. If our current economy is not the best its ever been,
its pretty close, *despite* terror attacks and government meddling.
Sure, there are problems and the reality is that the economy is only a
shadow of what it *could* be, but there is no economic problem which
cannot be solved by kicking the government out of that area, and I am
optomistic that the American people en masse will come to that same
realization, hopefully sooner than later. Regrettably, it might take
some Carter-esque bungling to force the issue, meaning things may have
to get worse before they get better, but with history as a guide,
hopefully freedom and laissez-faire principles will be allowed to
prevail.

--
                                          -Jon-