Re: Made in China

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 20:41:32 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> It all boils down to the "Bottom Line" - large corporations making big money
> and getting rich off of the little guys. It's the "American Way"...ok, next
> to suing someone for some petty bullshit.

    If large corporations are getting rich, its because they produce
something which is of value to the "little guy". Economics is not the
enrichment of one person at the expense of another, its a voluntary
exchange of goods or services which both sides consider to be equal in
value. Of course, once the government gets involved and the market
ceases to become truly free, all bets are off. 100% agreement on your
second point though, the desire to get something for nothing and the
complete lack of personal responsibility shown by many people is an
anathema to all that is decent and good, as well as the principles
which founded this country. It reminds me of the (somewhat cliche)
question, "What do you call 10,000 trial lawyers at the bottom of the
ocean?" where the obvious answer is "A good start." ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-