OT: Economy (Jon)

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 22:51:34 EST

I don't want to be part of any doom and gloom
either,and I don't agree with "the other side" that
has been saying for several years that the economy has
never been worse. It has been excellent. The things
that I see wrong are long-standing issues going back a
while. I tend to agree that we are heading for
Carter-esque days ahead though. On that,I'm beginning
to think that it's time to let the pendulum swing back
the other way just so everyone can get a good,strong
dose of what they think they want for a few years,and
then things will hopefully improve a lot.

Thanks!

Steve P.
--- jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Steve Preston <steveophonic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't understand this line of reasoning. We are
> in a
> > dollar freefall,we don't have a gold standard,and
> we
> > make nothing anymore. I'm just going to have to
> rely
> > on my own intuition and believe that this is very
> > bad,and we'll see what happens.
>

> 'Tis your prerogative. :-) Myself, I refuse to
> participate in the
> doom and gloom. If our current economy is not the
> best its ever been,
> its pretty close, *despite* terror attacks and
> government meddling.
> Sure, there are problems and the reality is that the
> economy is only a
> shadow of what it *could* be, but there is no
> economic problem which
> cannot be solved by kicking the government out of
> that area, and I am
> optomistic that the American people en masse will
> come to that same
> realization, hopefully sooner than later.
> Regrettably, it might take
> some Carter-esque bungling to force the issue,
> meaning things may have
> to get worse before they get better, but with
> history as a guide,
> hopefully freedom and laissez-faire principles will
> be allowed to
> prevail.
>
> --
> -Jon-
>
> .- Jon Steiger -- jon@dakota-truck.net or
> jon@jonsteiger.com -.
> | '96 Kolb Firefly, '96 Suzuki Intruder,
> Miscellaneous Mopars |
> http://www.jonsteiger.com --'

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Black 4X4 Sport w/Hemi

2003 Dodge Dakota Sport CC Red 4X2 Sport w/3.9 and 42RE (Work truck,driven the most often)

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Silver 4X4 w/4.0 and 42RE

Looking for last minute shopping deals?