Chairman Lee

From: Azie L. Magnusson (maggie11@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 18:36:58 EST

Jon writes: >> I recently finished reading a book written
by a former Chrysler engineer, and in it he mentions that Lee was
basically treated like royalty. You did not speak to him (avert your
eyes!), and whenever he visited a plant, they would basically cordon
off the hallways where he would be walking; bizzare stuff. I don't
know if any of that was exaggerated, but that is what he wrote. <<

I don't know about any of the Vehicle Assy plants, but he visited
the Huntsville Electronics Plant only 2ce. Both times he was
treated just as you say... We were forbidden to even speak to
him for fear of being fired for some obscure reason or another.

Local upper management was scared to death of him...

I've learned.... That one should keep his
words both soft and tender, because
tomorrow he may have to eat them.

Azie