Re: Made in China

From: Tom Byrne (kerib@ptd.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2008 - 19:32:44 EST

I don't disagree with you about plumbers. My scoutmaster was a plumber and I
worked with him while going to school. Nothing unintelligent about him. I
will disagree with you about just as much elitism on the right, at least the
elitism is different.

On the right, a plumber is a business owner who is enterprising and
intelligent. Some may look down at the plumbers employees, but not the
owner. From my experience, business owners, with or without degrees, are
welcomed on the right.

The left welcomes the intellectual elite and the great unwashed masses who
need planning done by the elite in order to endure their meek existences.

I had it with the left and unions when I was working my way through college.
To keep my job, I had to join the union which collected dues from my
paycheck. I was told how bad management was and that if I went to college
and become management, I would be the enemy. Thing was I knew the management
personally and they were much better people than the union leaders.

I believe in free markets, the right to work and everyone goes as far as
their abilities and ambition takes them. Some will succeed, some will fail,
but to punish those who are more productive for being more productive is
more immoral than permitting people to fail.