Re: The bottom line is,the 2nd Generation Dakota IS the best (1997-2004)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Feb 11 2008 - 14:15:40 EST

"Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:

> Uh oh... two somewhat controversial statements on a particularly volatile DML.

  Woohoo! Now if someone can just manage to work in a reference to
"he who shall not be named", we'll give that China thread a run for
its money! Ummm, oops. :-)

> James, I can never remember what the official DML standing is on
> generation listings. I personally see a huge difference between the 90
> dak and the 92 (with 91 being a transitional year where the body was
> modified... significantly in my eyes). So I'd agree with your Gen II
> definition.

  I was going to direct your attention to the FAQ:

   http://faq.dakota-truck.net/General/generations.html

   But unfortunately, its a tad out of date and leaves off with the
GenIII, so I will paraphrase the official DML breakdown here:

   Gen1: 1987-1990
   Gen2: 1991-1996
   Gen3: 1997-2004
   Gen4: 2005-present

> Digger, I much prefer the REAL daks over the '96+ fairy trucks ;-)

   Hey now, thems fightin' wurds! (Or did you mean '97+?) :-)

--
                                          -Jon-