Re: FYI guys....

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 19:10:48 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> From: "Digger"
>>
>> My Blue Thunder has taken on 69 Chargers,that have a
>> stock 318 in them,even beat a General Lee Charger
>>
>> Now i'm not stupid.I know i'm outclassed against a
>> true R/T Dakota,but i've beat my fair share of 4.6L
>> Ford F-150's,and 4.3 V6 Chevys,and even a few Dodge
>> "1st Generation Pudknocker" Daks ,with the 318
>> (5.2),specifically the Magnum 318's...
>>
>> The Digger

> Did they know they were racing?

   Hehehe! Now its my turn to LMAO! :-)

   Speaking of which, a Charger is not exactly a lightweight, and the
"musclecar era" 318s leave a lot to be desired, compared to the later
Magnum versions. I have a '70 Dart with a 318, bone stock with the
exception of a pair of 340 heads, and it gets out of its own way, but
its no speed demon. (The earlier 318s CAN be built to pull some
impressive numbers, but stock, they are relatively unimpressive.)

--
                                          -Jon-